XML has become the basis of virtually web-connected applications. It has greatly enhanced the way businesses share information and communicate with each other. XML is also an excellent way to store data. As XML allows sharing of information between different computer platforms and different applications, businesses are opting to convert a lot of their data into XML format.
For instance, suppose company A is selling something to company B. Company A would need to send a purchase order to company B. For that, both companies require a common formatting practice. XML provides the language of both the descriptions of that formatting practice or convention, and offers a suitable way to send the purchase order data.
Here are the important reasons why businesses use this globally accepted web format.
- XML is one of the most cost-effective platforms for publishing documents on the Internet
- Easy retrieval and archival of documents
- XML has flexibility, scalability and versatility
- It is an unique cross platform web publishing format
- XML can represent complex data structures
- It is used to interchange information
- XML allows automated web publishing
- Optimum security of data
- Hassle-free retrieval and archiving
XML documents can be used and shared in different ways. You can use them to send survey forms or online applications to companies, and also to send output to print on publishing systems. Large files and non-printable characters are handled well with XML. XML conversion frees up a lot of data storage space and its high versatility and good compatibility across major platforms allows data to be shared easily. As data is arranged systematically and in a more orderly way in XML format, it allows greater scalability and flexibility.
If your documents are in PDF, HTML, Text, Excel or Word format, you can convert your documents to XML format by outsourcing the task to a professional document conversion company. Through XML conversion your documents will be well formed and can be used various platforms.
Online conversion tools are available, but managing conversion on your own can become quite tedious when you have a large volume of data. However, partnering with an established XML data conversion service provider can provide you with many benefits:
- 99% accuracy
- Reduced overhead – 30 to 40% below operational costs
- 24/7 toll free customer service
- Full data security
- Secured methods for file transfer – FTP or browser based with 256 bit AES Encryption
- Three level quality assurance
- Customized TAT
- Multi-lingual support