The popularity of the internet and advanced technologies have ensured the wide reach and success of eBooks. With the help of data conversion services, eBooks can be created. eBook is an ideal option if you want to convey something that is more straightforward and concise, so that readers are quickly able to understand the information. eBooks allow readers to enjoy any number of books or novels in one device – e reader, or tablet or smartphone. They can be easily accessed at any time convenient to the reader and you don’t have to carry several books. eBook is also an excellent way to boost leads and help prospects make their purchase decisions. Many businesses have been using eBooks that consumers can download. This long type content equips readers with more detailed information that makes their purchase decision easier. eBooks are also used in schools and colleges for training purposes.
eBooks have changed the way how information is created. This format also allows you to break down the information into smaller parts for better and clear understanding. Following are some of the advantages of eBooks over print books:
- One Book Instead of many Books: Compared to print books that are bulky and heavy, eBooks are easy and portable and can be carried around easily. eBooks also allow you to carry multiple books in one device. So, a single device is enough to store several books.
- Can be Accessed from Anywhere: Unlike print books that need to be ordered or purchased from the bookstore, eBooks can be accessed from anywhere and anytime. This allows the readers to read the books whenever they want. eBooks also provide offline accessibility, thereby allowing people to read them even in the absence of internet connection.
- Easy to Update: Majority of the contents on the eBook are cloud-based and can be updated any time. Authors and publishers can add and keep the information up-to-date, providing users with the latest digital content. This saves reprinting costs and the time involved in the process.
- Easy and Comfortable on the Eyes: Unlike print books, eBooks are easy and comfortable on the eyes. Attractive features include the ability to adjust the brightness of the screen and the font of the text so that you can read the text without any eye strain.
- Content can be Shared: The print book doesn’t allow you to share the content of the book but with eBooks, you can share the content with many people at once.
- Read-aloud Feature: eBooks have text to speech or read-aloud feature that allows people to listen to the eBooks if they are too busy to read it. This feature helps the reader to enjoy the content even while driving, or while doing some chores. It is also useful for children and adults who have learning disability or visual impairment, and helps the user understand how a particular word is pronounced.
- Augmented Reality Experience: Unlike print books, eBook has augmented reality that has taken the eBook experience to a different level. Texts and images can be embedded with an augmented three-dimensional visual which pops up on the user’s screen. Readers can view a computer-generated 3D model of the image that makes it easier for users to read and learn with a much more immersive experience.
- Interactive Features: To make eBook-reading more engaging, they come with many interactive features like audio and video. External links can be included to offer additional information. The user can even bookmark a certain page or find a word in a quick and effortless way. It also allows users to make annotations. There are multiple such interactive features which can be included in order to enhance the overall reading experience.
- Environment-Friendly: Compared to print books, eBooks are environment-friendly and don’t require paper printing or publishing. Approximately 2.2 million books are published each year, which uses 3 million trees. If these printed books were to be replaced with a digital eBook, it could save all those trees from being chopped down.
- Affordable and Easy-to Maintain in the Long Run: Some believe that eBooks are expensive. But the truth is that, the cost incurred in creating eBooks is less than printed books. It does not require any paperback cover, paper printing, packaging cost and shipping. This makes eBooks a more affordable option than print books.
The Growth of eBook during COVID 19
eBook revenue has been rising since April 2020. This is because all book stores were closed due to the outbreak of COVID-19. The rising trend in eBook growth continued in June up to 39.0% for the month as compared to June 2019 for a total of $110.3 million. Digital audiobook sales increased by 6.2% compared to June of last year, reaching $54.1 million in revenue. On a year-to-date basis, audiobooks were up 14.1% as compared to the first half of 2019, with a total of $316.6 million for the year so far.
As a part of digitization, the use of smartphones, e-readers and other digital readers are increasing drastically. This offers additional opportunity for eBooks to grow. Growing market of high functionality, and increasing demand by e-readers force publishers to digitize diverse content and with the help of a reliable data conversion service any content can be converted to eBook format.