HTML5 is known for its adaptability and portability across devices and platforms. All you have to provide is one responsive website design and it will be rendered according to the target device’s screen size. It also eliminates the no need to worry about creating and maintaining two separate websites for desktop and mobile. So with its advanced capabilities such as support for audio, video, canvas, SVG, and many more, HTML5 has transformed the way HTML content is delivered.
Why HTML5 is very popular
The two main reasons for the rising popularity of HTML5 is that Flash does not work on many mobile devices like smartphones which can result in losing your website visitors and sales leads. The second reason is that Google bots do not consider Flash files as a part of a website’s content. This renders all the audio-visual information on your website utterly useless, and you will not be able to reach your target audience.
HTML5’s sophisticated capabilities, such as support for audio, video, SVG, Canvas, and a variety of other file types, have drastically transformed the way HTML content is delivered. HTML5 is also one of the finest alternatives to Flash Player because it can run natively on a variety of low-power devices like smartphones and tablets.
Some of the benefits of HTML5 are:
- All modern browsers are supported across all devices.
- Supports Responsive Web Design
- Functions without the need for a browser add-on
- Provide built in support for rich media elements
- The HTML5 output content is smaller and uses less memory.
- Similar to Flash, it renders graphic material.
How To Convert Flash Websites Into HTML5
- Plan properly: The shift from Flash to HTML5 can be a time-consuming process, depending on the quantity of content you have to convert. So, it would be a good idea to create a precise plan before getting started on the real task. This will save you time in discovering new objects, and you’ll be able to move forward with the process without any problems.
- Gather all the source files: Before you start converting Flash to HTML5, make sure you have all of the source files (XML, FLAs, and so on), as well as all of the media and supporting files.
- Extract media and information: Copy the text and labels of navigation buttons in the GUI (graphical user interface) into a PPT or MS-Word document after extracting all media and content from the existing website.
- Make use of the good authorizing tool and keep up with the conversion process: Use a powerful authoring tool and stick to the conversion procedure. Adobe Captivate, Lectora Inspire, Adobe Wallaby, Google Swiffy, Sothink – Flash to HTML5 conversion tool, Apache FlexJS, and Articulate Storyline are just a few of the solutions available for converting Flash to HTML5.
- Stick to the conversion process:
- Use Flash to HTML5 conversion tools such as Animate to open your Flash file.
- Select Command > Convert to Other Document Formats from the drop-down menu.
- Next, select HTML Canvas and click OK.
- Change the Actions script under Code Snippets.
- By right-clicking and selecting Convert to Bitmap, you can convert vectors to bitmaps.
- Check Export all bitmaps as Spritesheets and double-check the results. After converting text to outlines, click OK to publish.
- Test the website: Create an HTML5 version of the content and test it in a variety of online and mobile browsers.
Tools to Convert Flash to HTML5
- Google Web Designer: It’s a free web editor for converting Flash to HTML5. You can use this application for free if you pay an inherent fee for conversion quality rather than paying for Adobe’s subscription.
- Adobe Animate CC: It is a software programme that allows you to create animations. When you have the.fla source files, Adobe Acrobat Animate CC is an excellent conversion tool for Flash to HTML5 projects. Since Adobe is Flash’s native platform, it is the greatest solution for transferring these types of projects to HTML5.
Although there are many tools to convert from Flash to HTML5, the process is not easy and accuracy may be a challenge. This is why outsourcing the conversion task to an experienced provider of HTML5 conversion services is essential. They have experts who are familiar with the authoring tools and can meet the specific conversion needs of any type of business.
Say goodbye to outdated file formats.
Get reliable HTML conversion services. Contact us at 800-670-2809!