An experienced U.S. based business process outsourcing company headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Managed Outsource Solutions (MOS) provides quality document conversion and scanning, and intelligent imaging, indexing, and data entry services for a wide range of industries.
In today’s podcast, Julie Clements, the Chief Solutions Manager at MOS explains about the key tips businesses must follow to protect their sensitive data.
Keeping sensitive business and personal data secure from theft and vulnerability is not that easy in today’s digital world. Here are certain tips to help secure your data.
- Passwords — you got to make sure they are very difficult to break. Choose a long password that contains at least 8 characters with one or more alphanumeric characters. A long nonsensical phrase or passphrase with at least 20 characters can also safeguard your online identity.
- Invest in advanced antivirus software and secure firewalls to protect systems and network. Also consider network segregation, as in case of a breach, the hacker cannot instantly access all of the information at one time.
- Something that I know I have done in the past — well, try to avoid reusing passwords.It is risky to use the same password for all websites, as hackers are aware of this practice. It is also ideal to store all passwords using a digital vault.
- Also be careful on answering security questions.Security questions based on personal information for websites are now easily accessible online. Either avoid using such questions or use a fake response, as only you would know the answer.
- Biometrics authentication works. Biometrics authentication ensures privacy for consumers and prevents hackers from gaining access to the data. Also using devices that allow fingerprint access can add extra layer of security with a lock code.
nIf you have any other questions or you want to look further into this, you can visit our website at www.managedoutsource.com.