Digital educational publishing and e-book conversion are flourishing and have totally changed the face of modern education. These new learning resources may go on to replace traditional textbooks. Almost all businesses are switching to digitization and it has gradually taken over book publishing too. With eBook conversion services, books can be converted into various digital formats such as ePub, Mobi, or PDF that people can easily access on smartphones, tablets and eReaders.
Prior to the digital era, education was restricted to lectures, talks, and physical objects. Digitization has transformed the educational scenario, introducing new possibilities in teaching and learning. Educators and scholars now rely on digital education or online educational practices, ranging from engaging devices to teach students to online courses and digital textbooks. These trends have fuelled a boom in the educational publishing industry. According to a Statista market report, the e-learning market worldwide is expected to surpass US $243 billion by 2022.
The benefits of ebooks in education are:
- Convenience ( makes their books easily accessible)
- Improves productivity
- Is cost-effective
- Brings ideas to life
Here are the key factors responsible for the rapid growth of digital educational publishing:
- Supports study anywhere, anytime: eBooks are easy to carry around. Instead of carrying a bag full of books, it is easier to carry a device that supports eBooks. These days, most students carry a mobile-based device such as a smartphone, a tablet or a laptop. The portability of eBooks allows students to refer to their notes and course materials anywhere and anytime they want.
- Easily distributable and economical: Educational content must include new information and updated content. Outdated information must be updated immediately and has to be distributed accordingly. Conventional publishing makes it harder to reprint and distribute new books and involves huge costs.With eBooks, all the learning material is stored on the cloud and can easily be updated and distributed in a cost effective and convenient manner. The updated content will be reflected in all eBooks, so that students will have access to the latest content and up-to-date information at all times. Professional eBook conversion companies provide several conversion options.
- Interactive content and features: eLearning or digital educational publishing makes it possible to include interactive features such as images, videos, quizzes, etc. within the content. These features engage more learners than traditional books that contain stagnant content. eBooks have all the tools to help students make notes and highlight content. Today’s eLearning material comes with external links to additional resources and various multimedia interfaces that instantly improve the readers’ learning curve. Digital educational publishing ensures students get engaging content and a good learning experience.
- Easy access to analytics: These days, modern publishing solutions allow publishers to gain a real-time analysis of their published content. They can track user behavior and analyze their content’s performance to improve decision making, content organization, indexing, and so on. They can easily modify the content they produce so that it can better meet the needs of their targeted audience.
Professional eBook conversion services allow publishers and authors to create eBooks that are compatible with all major eBook readers.