An experienced U.S. based business process outsourcing company headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Managed Outsource Solutions (MOS) provides quality document conversion and scanning, and intelligent imaging, indexing, and data entry services for a wide range of industries.
In today’s podcast, Julie Clements, the Chief Solutions Manager at MOS explains about the key tips businesses must follow to protect their sensitive data.
This is Julie Clements. I’m the Chief Solutions Officer here at Managed Outsource Solutions. Wanted to take a little bit of time and talk to you about some tips on how to protect confidential data. With the rise in data breaches, it is very vital for any business, whether large, mid-size or small, to protect your confidential data. A study by the Ponemon Institute has found that more than 61% of small and medium-size businesses had security breaches in 2017, that is up 55% from 2016, so that is a big jump. Even when considering data entry outsourcing, make sure that the company partner you with follows really strict data security measures.
Keeping sensitive business and personal data secure from theft and vulnerability is not that easy in today’s digital world. Here are certain tips to help secure your data.
- Passwords — you got to make sure they are very difficult to break. Choose a long password that contains at least 8 characters with one or more alphanumeric characters. A long nonsensical phrase or passphrase with at least 20 characters can also safeguard your online identity.
- Invest in advanced antivirus software and secure firewalls to protect systems and network. Also consider network segregation, as in case of a breach, the hacker cannot instantly access all of the information at one time.
- Something that I know I have done in the past — well, try to avoid reusing passwords.It is risky to use the same password for all websites, as hackers are aware of this practice. It is also ideal to store all passwords using a digital vault.
- Also be careful on answering security questions.Security questions based on personal information for websites are now easily accessible online. Either avoid using such questions or use a fake response, as only you would know the answer.
- Biometrics authentication works. Biometrics authentication ensures privacy for consumers and prevents hackers from gaining access to the data. Also using devices that allow fingerprint access can add extra layer of security with a lock code.
If you have any other questions or you want to look further into this, you can visit our website at www.managedoutsource.com.