The internet has dramatically changed the way how companies operate. The need for massive data storage capacity and super fast data transmission has led companies to hire data processing services. It helps to convert all critical documents into digital format for better work efficiency. Implementing a digital business strategy is crucial and complex. Innovations in digitization and robotization are quickly establishing a foothold in all industries. Businesses can suffer if the IT processes they rely on fail to function smoothly. With each passing year, the costs of downtime continue to increase. Many experts agree that automation may be the solution to address common issues such as equipment failure, human error and so on. The companies can boost productivity if they skilfully manage the automation transformation. Automation can significantly accelerate business processes.
As artificial intelligence technology continues to improve, companies have many more options to automate many of their tasks. Here are five reasons why business should automate.
- Concentrate more on crucial business activities: You no longer have to spend time on watching the jobs done. With automation, you have complex and intelligent error-reporting systems that will monitor the job and send alerts when there is any error or delay. These systems are more sensitive than humans and hence can notice even the smallest mistake before you notice it. This helps you to save time and focus more on critical business activities.
- Better communication and accountability: Miscommunication and communication breakdown is quite common among various departments in a business. Automation reporting can set deadlines for responses, alert designated parties etc. This ensures better communication, improves customer service and will make sure that the companies never miss an opportunity due to communication delays.
- Quick response: Businesses that rely on reports generated by users have high risks of running behind. Automation helps to keep track of all activities and allows sending crucial updates to appropriate clients at the right time. For instance, the maintenance department gets an alert when a machine is malfunctioning so that they can get it repaired as soon as possible. This prevents delay and an entire line from being shut down.
- Minimize redundancies: Automation helps to reduce the number of people who go through the same file again and again. It helps to reduce unintentional redundancies and maintain a cost-effective business.
- Better service to clients: Automation helps to have technology-based customer service that keeps critical activities running smoothly while the company meets the growing demands. Earlier, it was difficult to manage the complex interplay of notification and data-driven discovery that true automation requires. With advanced technology companies can create excellent automation systems and offer better service to customers.
Many successful entrepreneurs consider automation as a boon and believe that the future belongs to robots and automation.
The co-founder of Microsoft believes that automation and robots are replacing humans quickly. On his part, he has already started thinking about how companies ought to pay tax on those robots to compensate for lost income tax. Robots can replace humans in tasks like warehouse work, driving, room clean up etc which may be taken over by robots in the next 20 years.
A prominent venture capitalist and a Sun Microsystems co-founder, Khosla thinks that eighty percent of IT jobs are at risk of automation in the coming decades. Tasks such as simple troubleshooting and repetitive data entry are very likely going to be automated.
The eBay president and CEO has said that artificial intelligence could eliminate entire industries in the next decade. Employers must train workers who may get displaced so that they are equipped to fill the shortages in fields closely related to AI such as data science, engineering and operations.
Musk, the CEO of Tesla believes that robots will take many jobs by the mid twenty-first century, and the government will start paying people salaries even if they don’t work. This idea called universal basic income is supported by many tech entrepreneurs including Musk, as a solution to robotic automation.
This chief executive of Amazon has been utilizing the power of AI for many years now, and Amazon has more than 45,000 robots ferrying packages from one spot to another. The company has plans to build employee-free grocery stores as well.
While robotic automation may take over many types of business processes including repetitive data entry, challenges such as the cost involved and other issues remain. Meanwhile, small and mid-sized businesses on their quick road to digitization and improved workflow and efficiency rely on document scanning companies and digitization services.