While designing a law firm website it is very important to keep in mind certain basic features that should be incorporated and certain common mistakes that should be avoided. These include the following points,
- The website should give the law firm’s brand experience for both old and new visitors that come to the website. Every law firm has certain areas of the law that it specializes in and this service should be specifically highlighted. The website must enhance the law firm’s image and many clients nowadays often know a law firms primarily by its website.
- The website designer must have good experience in web designing for the legal communities.
- A good content management system must update the website. Content must never be out of date.
- Reduced use of graphics and clip arts
- Must have excellent navigation especially to lawyer bio data and other information that will be of interest to the client.
- The website must be search engine optimized for keywords specific to their area of expertise and also geographical location. Thus if the firm specializes in criminal law say in Michigan, the website must be search engine optimized (SEO) for keywords like “Michigan criminal lawyer” etc. (This will create a good traffic on the law firm’s website.)
- It is essential for reputed law firm websites to be impressive and always have an updated online newsletter with white paper etc managed by a good content management system.
- Networking (extranets) with clients with password protection, is very professional and also helps develop relationships and build a better business.
Managed Outsource Solutions is a US based legal outsourcing and BPO service provider offering services in law firm web designing, law firm SEO, legal transcription, legal coding, legal document preparation, legal research, litigation support and legal animation for clients in the US, Canada the UK and Australia.