One of the most important aspects of business success and growth today is to have the right intellectual assets and property that is secure and legally well protected. Way back in the seventies 90% of business was driven by tangible assets (like the company infrastructure etc) but this trend has been reversed and business today is primarily dependent on the intangible assets. As a company gathers its arsenal of patents and copyrights over the years, it must necessarily develop a good IP management strategy that is well oriented with some specific industry or location.
What are the different aspects of IP management in a company? Well one can divide them into different areas including,
- Implementation and planning the IP
- Buying and selling/ exchange of patents/copyrights
- Monitoring of the market in focus
- Research and development (with other allies)
- Looking out for infringers
- Trade secret management
- Legal protection and litigation preparedness
- Challenging the competition
- IP exploitation
- Non- disclosure agreements
- International issues management
- Web / domain name related issues
- License management
Managed Outsource Solutions is a US based legal outsourcing company that offers its clients in the US, Canada, the UK and Australia a range of IP litigation services like patent litigation support services, patent infringement litigation, and intellectual property litigation besides other LPO services like legal research, litigation support, legal transcription, legal documentation and more.