The NHBA Paralegal Professionalism Award is offered by the New Hampshire Bar Association. In their own words “This annual award is presented to the nominee who best exhibits a high degree of professionalism: possesses an outstanding level of knowledge about their job; has motivation that exceeds expectations; is considered a role model for other paralegals; and promotes paralegal work as a profession”.
Some of the features/duties of a paralegal professional in the US are,
- Paralegal professionals work under a law professional
- Manages everyday tasks for legal cases
- Lawyer is responsible for a paralegals work
- Found in all areas of law
- Paralegals are not legal document assistants
- Is familiar with all legal concepts
- Paralegal degrees/ certificates in private colleges
- Can take certification test conducted by paralegal associations
- Annual salary around US $ 50000
According to The American Association for Paralegal Education (AAfPE) paralegals do adhere to recognized ethical standards and rules of professional responsibility. However there are certain things that a paralegal cannot do that includes giving legal advice, collecting fees, establishing client attorney relationship, and signing legal documents.
Managed Outsource Solutions (MOS) an Oklahoma based BPO (business process outsourcing) and LPO (legal process outsourcing) firm that offers a range of paralegal and legal services like legal transcription, legal document preparation, legal coding, legal animation, legal web designing and litigation support.