Unless you are a great established website and people crave entry into your site, most slow loading websites will see its visitors impatient and leaving for other sites. Speed readers usually take less than 30 seconds to scan through a webpage and if loading of the web page takes more than 15 seconds most visitors will just pass you. Research has shown that for a regular site, after waiting for 8 seconds one third visitors will leave. Businesses loose about $362 million per month just because visitors do not wait until the slow loading page shows up.
Here are some of the points for reducing the load time of a website.
- Keep the HTML code of the site always validated and optimized.
- With a wide content area load time decreases
- Minimize Flash, graphics and scripts as much as possible
- Optimize heavy files and reduce file size
- Avoid graphic buttons on web page
- Use separate tables on a page instead of merges and splits
- Simpler design loads faster
- Faster repeat request handled by servers with SSI (Server Side Include) files
- Substitute tables with layers as they load faster
- Keep smaller cookies
- Enable http compression
Managed Outsource Solutions is a web development and BPO services provider based in the US with emphasis on giving total web development solutions to clients including logo designing, web designing and search engine optimization.