Designing a website has become easier nowadays when compared to that a few years ago. However today we know that a lot of planning and work has to go in designing a website, if we want to get the full benefit from it. This is especially true when it comes to commercial websites that are a hub of activity. From esthetic values to usability to navigation so many factors are to be considered before approval of an E-commerce website that does merchandising.
Some of the factors that have to be considered while designing an E-Commerce site are:
- Provision for product categories
- Product search by name, category, price etc
- Cross selling between categories
- Listing of all products, brands
- Onscreen shopping list, shopping cart
- Control over stocks
- Whole sale pricing, discounts
- Page with image and details for every product
- Print page option
- Web based communication and administration
- Gift certificates, coupons
- Managing backorders
- SEO based designing for good traffic
- Security issues
Besides these points a well managed customer service and payment options, are also very crucial factors that has to go into the website design. Any flaw in the design can have significant effect on the sales and so cannot be underestimated. There are many website design professionals who specialize in the e-commerce website design and can give a customized service.
Managed Outsource Solutions is a US based outsourcing solution provider that specializes in all types of website design and web development services besides offering affordable SEO and BPO services globally.