In todayâ€™s competitive world, businesses need to save time and use the best resources for productive purposes and CAD conversion with the support of data conversion services is one of the best options for maintaining and storing files safely. CAD is design program accepted worldwide for 2D and 3D drafting. It helps a designer to have CAD drawings from scanned documents or old manual drawings. Following are the 4 popular types of CAD conversion:
- Converting paper to CAD: Converting legacy files into CAD is not an easy task and is best entrusted to a data entry outsourcing company. This is because for converting into CAD, input should be done in specific ways. Conversion of paper to CAD enables you to easily send the legacy files, hardcopy drawings, blueprints and other such documents.
- Images to CAD: Any image file such as JPG, GIF, TIFF, BMP and PNG can be converted into CAD format easily. This saves time and effort and also ensures 99% accuracy.
- Conversion from 2D to 3D: This conversion becomes useful for construction projects. With CAD format 2D drafts can be easily converted into 3D formats. Blueprints are one of the most popular 2D drafts and 2D documents can be converted into 3D.
- PDF files to CAD: PDF is one the most popular formats used across almost every industry for storing huge volumes of valuable data. Many companies use PDF format for compiling documents of each and every project. These PDF files can be converted into CAD format that is much easier to share and store.
Advantages of CAD Conversion
- CAD files can be stored, maintained and retrieved easily.
- The exact measurements in the drawings are shown in different layers.
- CAD digitization helps in generating separate layers for dimension, body, text, hidden lines, centrelines etc.
- Changes and corrections can be easily made compared to 2D drawings.
CAD conversion with the support of a company providing data conversion services is a great way to document technical drawings and related information in a systematic manner. You can store and maintain information retrieved from paper drawings in reliable electronic format. Important documents can thus be protected from possible damage or loss of data.