The idea of going “paperless” and enjoying its many benefits has encouraged many business offices to make the transition with a great deal of excitement and expectation. Having a paperless office needn’t be a distant dream any more. New advancements and changing technology has given the tools that are required for a smooth changeover from an environment of overflowing cabinets into a “green” setting. Digitization helps to get rid of the typical paper-based filling system with tangible cabinets, shelves, storage facilities filled with documents, folders, stacks of papers and go completely paperless. Document scanning and conversion is an effective way to also improve efficiency and productivity.
Electronic Document Conversion – a Practical Document Management Solution
Lost man hours spent shifting through paperwork can compromise time that should be spent for more productive endeavours. To end this, paperless office is the best solution that will also ensure streamlined operation. By choosing the right platform, your management team, employees and customers can reap the benefit of improved access to business documents and better organization. Maintaining filing cabinets and tracking down lost records is time consuming whereas digital offices saves time and thereby improve productivity and efficiency of the staffs.
Take the case of a typical medical practice. They normally experience a constant flood of paper documents in the form of patient registration forms, fax messages, referral letters, test results arriving via post, patient invoices and so on. These can be managed well by scanning and storing them as PDF files.
This system would work well for all business offices.
Benefits of Paperless Offices
- Easy business processing: With digital documentation of data, business processes can be simplified. At the click of a button users can process, authorize tasks, transfer data and eliminate paperwork that slows down your tasks.
- Accessibility: Digitization of office documents makes it easy when more than one user needs to access a single document or in cases when the company has multiple locations.
- Saves time: With digitization of documents, data can be retrieved quickly and there is no wastage of time looking for documents.
- Business development: With saved time and improved efficiency, executives can spend time more productively that helps in business development.
- Less storage space: All paper documents that come to the office are immediately scanned and stored electronically. This reduces storage space and also eliminates clutter of papers.
- Audit trail: Businesses need to stick on with guidelines with compliance and have to store records for many years and it becomes helpful at the time of auditing.
- Better customer service: Easy access to customer data and ability to quickly retrieve information regarding customer orders helps your business to proactively provide customer service and also respond faster to their enquiries.
- Security: Only authorized users are allowed to retrieve the documents, thus making it more secure than paper. The chance of these documents falling into the wrong hands is minimal.
- Return on Investment: Businesses need not spend a lot of capital and the total cost of ownership is low at all price points. Digitization adds efficiency gains and you can expect a positive ROI within a period of 6 months.
- Environment friendly: Paperless office means fewer photocopies. This will reduce paper consumption and also bring down your expenses at the same time.
Benefits such as improved operations and reduced cost greatly outweigh the challenges of initial investment. A reliable document conversion and scanning company can help with the digitization process. With expert document imaging services, businesses can avoid concerns such a selecting and installing a good scanner, recruiting staff and training them and so on. Moreover, these services are cost-effective considering the expertise made available and the possibility of having the work completed within minimum turnaround time.