Undoubtedly, mobile technology is something that makes the world more connected. Many marketers consider ‘mobile’ as an effective tool to enhance business and retain customers. Through mobile applications, businesses can get to know more about customer choices and demands and develop a good marketing strategy.
A recent statistical report reveals that in 2009 the mobile app downloads amounted to approximately 2.52 billion and is expected to reach 268.69 billion in 2017. With such a growing importance, developers are looking for more innovative ways for mobile application development that can attract more targeted audiences.
Importance of Mobile Application Development for Business
Last year Flurry released a report that gathered data from its network of over 450,000 mobile applications installed on over 1.3 billion devices. As per the report, the use of mobile apps has increased from 80 % in 2013 to 86% in 2014.
Let us consider some of the reasons for businesses to consider this kind of web application development.
- Increased Sales: Every business is meant for generating sales and revenue. Business utility and productivity apps are often used for bringing new leads for your business, to enhance brand awareness, and to increase productivity. For example, an interactive app with beautifully designed presentations can offer a more natural way of conveying your product details to the customer.
- Act as a social platform: Mobile apps can link businesses with social media, by integrating features such as comments, in-app messaging, likes, etc. This can enhance the social standing of your business, as it allows creating a great market of your business and connect with a greater audience. Customers can reply to your enquiries related to your products/services, and post their own queries if any.
- An upcoming market trend: Mobile apps are emerging as a good marketing trend. Search engine queries now come more from smart devices including tablets, as against the personal computer.
Other reasons for businesses to develop mobile apps are:
- Reinforces brand
- Improves brand loyalty
- Connect with on-the-go consumers
- Increases visibility, accessibility, and sell-through
Now let us consider a practical application of mobile apps. Consider how speech-to-text apps can be used to convert voice to text form.
Dictation App: This app helps to convert dictations into text format. It allows you to process lengthy emails and other documents with a high degree of accuracy in one of 30 different languages or dialects. The application can be started by simply tapping its single button before you start talking. The transcribed speech can be sent out via email or copied and pasted to another application. It can prove very useful to physicians and other healthcare providers who require recording of patient notes for further use.
However, it may prove cumbersome and expensive to create this kind of application in-house. Outsourcing software development is a better option for businesses in different sectors. The prime advantage of this option is that the outsourcing partner often has a dedicated team for software development that is well-versed in using the latest technology and tools to help address your business needs.