Today, many public safety departments are utilizing efficient record and document management systems, as it helps them to make significant department improvements. For instance, easy availability and accessibility of data could help such services better plan location of fire station and more efficiently set up equipment to respond to alarms.
Regina Fire & Protective Services based in Canada is one such organization that benefited from an efficient document management system that enabled them to streamline their approach to collecting and analyzing data. Their records management system enabled them to capture valuable information about the changing service demands of Regina, as recent news reveal. According to authorities, the powerful records management system allows them to utilize resource strategies to meet the existing demand and also plan for any extra coverage that would be needed as the city expands. They can respond to more than 9000 service incidents annually.
A digital document management system allows fast access, reduces security threats and physical storage requirements, and prevents accidental or arbitrary deletion of records.
for Fire and Protective Services
A reliable record management system is capable of providing customized solutions, quickly and reliably.
- The user interface of the document management system is standardized to increase the accuracy of data entry.
- Eliminates redundant data entry, as information fields completed in one module are shared throughout the application.
- Graphic wizards are there to guide users on the usage of document management software.
- Customization options allow users to create, edit, and update forms and reports.
- Allows integration with CAD or an existing computer aided dispatch system to expand the database capabilities.
- Acts as an interface for seamless data extraction and analysis.
- Improves the flexibility of the system in the long run and helps to manage workflows according to business requirements.
- Allows data capture according to the changing needs
- Makes it possible to view, create, edit and store documents without barriers of location.
- Assist in ensuring the quality of records, as to whether they are complete, accurate, relevant, authentic, and reliable.
- Helps in timely and efficient response to alarms.
- Protects fire department records from unauthorized access, alteration, and accidental destruction.
- Helps in efficient team work as members can communicate, share files, and work together
Today it is possible to have a document management system that is powerful and flexible, and would ideally meet the requirements of fire service and other public safety departments.