With hospitals and healthcare practices set to move into Stage 2 meaningful-use requirements of the federal health record program, the need for accurate data conversion services is once again in the limelight. Funding under the program that provides incentive payments to Medicare and Medicaid providers will be available only to providers that meet the Stage 2 requirements. Two new â€˜core objectivesâ€™ have been added on:
- Physicians have to use secure electronic messaging to communicate relevant health information with patients
- Hospitals have to automatically track medications from order to administration using “assistive technologies in conjunction with an electronic medication administration record (eMAR).”
To adapt to the new requirements, many healthcare facilities are looking to discard their old record systems for new. Moving data from one system into another is a major challenge.
- All the actual data has to be properly analyzed so that the appropriate conversion method can be used
- The conversion of data should be done well in advance before migrating to the new EHR system
- The quality of the migrated data should be checked by the healthcare provider to see that everything is in order â€“ from patient demographic information, tests and scanned images to doctorâ€™s notes
- The data in the new system must be up to date
Only an experienced data conversion company can provide the solution to these issues. Capabilities would include data conversion into any type of format, efficient scanning of reports and images, and more. Top quality proof checking and quality control measures ensure error-free solutions. Healthcare facilities looking to upgrade their EHR should outsource their data and document conversion to a company that can provide custom solutions in a timely and consistent manner.