A number of legal process outsourcing (LPO) firms offer professional legal transcription and scoping services. Good knowledge of legal terminology and proficient command of the English language provide for better accuracy of legal transcription and scoping. Many customers look for competent turnaround times as well. LPO firms may also offer other solutions for the legal industry such as legal website design, legal research, legal SEO and SEM, legal coding, and legal website development.
Look for Quality, Advanced, Flexible and HIPAA Compliant Legal Transcription
Professional legal transcription and scoping services help legal entities concentrate more on their legal duties. Legal transcription solutions may include transcription of:
- Legal pleadings
- General correspondence
- Regular and law office recordings
- Client letters
- Wiretap – recorded telephone communications, mobile messages and email communications
- Police interviews
- Cross examinations
Quality control checks and the use of advanced transcription software contribute to superior grade legal transcription. HIPAA compliance and flexibility in accepted dictation options and file transfer methods are added advantages.
Legal Scoping for Edited and More Accurate Legal Text
Legal scoping services are provided as a support service for court reporters who write legal material in steno fashion. Though the legal matter would be transcribed into English using special software, the resulting text wouldn’t be as perfect as required. Legal scoping solutions would thus incorporate:
- Translating the vague legal matter into English
- Insertion of technical jargon or proper names that are not caught by the computer’s dictionary
- Proper formatting and punctuation
- Correcting conflicts or mistrans
- Flagging of questionable areas
- Ensuring completeness of transcripts
Solutions offered by the outsourcing industry extend far beyond professional legal transcription and scoping services.