Legal transcription technology is fast evolving. Legal dictations are recorded and sent to the professional transcription professional who could be located either within your city limits of half way round the globe in India.. There are many dictation programs that enable recording of voice and also typing. Dictation can be done using different methods like,
- Using a dictation device
- Dictation on to a computer or laptop
- PDA dictation and recording
- Dictation by telephone
- Dictation over the Internet
- Court recordings & meetings
Some of the features of a good court reporting software include,
- Simultaneous recording possibility (up to 32 channels)
- Digital audio recording with high quality signal processing.
- Transmission using FTP /email or computer network.
- Automatic file size management/ breaking
- Overlapped file breaks at preset intervals.
- Must be user friendly
- Possible time stamping of bookmarks with notes/ recording
- Audio listening possibility in real time
- Recording in formats like to wav, mp3 or dct
- Sorting of recordings by name /date /size and search using keywords.
- Automatic error notification.
- Various types of password security.
- Free minor upgrades
Managed Outsource Solutions (MOS) is a US based legal transcription outsourcing service provider offering affordable solutions in transcription specialities like, court proceedings transcription, trial transcription, wire tap transcription, legal letter transcription, verbatim transcription and general correspondence transcription services to clients in the UK, Canada the UK and Australia.