Excel here refers to the spreadsheet program Microsoft Excel from the MS Office Suite. Excel data entry services are provided by professional data entry firms and the service involves entry of numerical as well as text data using Excel format and also entry of any data into Excel format work sheets. So what are the common types of Excel data entry projects? They include the following. The list is not exhaustive.
- Data entry from spreadsheets
- Data entry from magazines/journal
- Numerical data entry
- Name / location details into Excel
- Survey data entry into Excel work sheets
- Banking data entry
- Credit card database processing
- Accounting data entry
- Web data entered into Excel
Professional data entry service providers today use the latest state of the art digital technologies for Excel data entry. Technologies like OCR (Optical Character Recognition) and ICR (Intelligent Character Recognition) and other non manual methods are used to scan and convert and enter text or image data and stored as Excel format in databases or in other formats.
What are the commonly used different data entry tips that are useful to speed up the Excel data entry process? They include,
- Use of shortcut keys from the keyboard
- Entering same data in multiple cells simultaneously
- Copy of data to nearby cells
- Using Fill handle to enter data selectively over large or small portions
- Use Excels built-in data form
- Use Excel add-in data forms
Managed Outsource Solutions is a US based data entry company that offers professional outsourcing of data entry with specialized services including, online and offline data entry, numeric data entry, remote data entry, image entry, OCR, ICR, data mining, data processing, data capture and data cleaning services to clients in the US, Canada, the UK and Australia.