I recently asked an SEO professional and friend during a business meet if he used black hat or white hat SEO techniques and he told me that he is a grey hat guy, which means he some times does use black hat techniques. Man does not need God or a religious scripture to tell him that murder is wrong. In fact, there may be authorities that may justify a killing (like say for national defense) but anybody in his senses know it is still wrong from a human level.
Thus there are certain basic things all self respecting SEO people know is taboo as it is not ethical and bad for the future of the networked world (Web 1, Web 2, Web x…) Google or no Google, and also for his Soul. So, Do Not
- Spam the search engines
- Intentionally harm a client or competitor
- Directly violate search engine guidelines
- Falsely represent the clients content
- Compromise with client’s confidentiality
- Be out of touch with the search engine/industry updates/changes
- Be proud of using hidden links if you must
- Be a part of the link farm mafia
For ethical SEO, web design and development, content writing, data entry and all types of legal outsourcing contracts do contact Managed Outsource Solutions (MOS) the Oklahoma based outsourcing solution provider for clients in the US, Canada, the UK and Australia.