Web Designing should be such that it should attract the audience on the web and give a good site experience. Quite often people just scan through the web pages without reading even a small percentage of what is written. There are many reasons for this. One of the first things to do before embarking on a web site design project would be to get many answers for questions like,
- For whom is this Web site going to be?
- What do these users want?
- Are they computer literate and aware of the Internet?
- This interface and interfaces like it?
- What are the users trainable?
- What knowledge they possess?
- What functions do the users need from this interface?
- What do users expect from this site?
- The domain (subject matter)?
- What environment do these surfers have?
- What hardware /software do they use?
- How can users handle errors?
Once we have the answers to the above mentioned questions the website has to be developed and also tested. It is very essential that one does not finally decide on a design but wait for the feeds back from the user and if necessary make the required changes that will satisfy the user’s needs. Here are a few user centered design points to note that will make it easy on them,
- Have good visibility for links
- Ensure instant response and feedback to the user
- Have consistent theme and design across the entire website
- Information should be very accessible with a sitemap
- Make the user skim through the pages
- Make important aspects on page more prominent
- Have good descriptive links
- Minimize user errors
- Highly legible text
- Simple and good understandable language
- Limited use of color
- Use graphics with small size for quick downloading
- Uncluttered pages with useful graphics
Managed Outsource Solutions is a US based web design company that offers specialty services like corporate web design, real estate web design, law firm web design, small business web design, and mortgage web design services for its clients in the US, Canada the UK and Australia.