Before beginning work on a website it is best to first evaluate an existing website and rate it between one and ten. During evaluation there are some basic questions that will need to be answered. Depending on the site’s objective one can then choose the required website design criteria. However there are certain essential common features that a good website must have like,
- Get a URL which itself can convey the site message
- Front screen must have some thing interesting to capture the interest of the visitor and it should be very relevant to the theme of the website.
- Graphics on the opening page should neither be too large or small but just right.
- Home page must quickly download.
- Long articles must have subheads with separate links
- Links must be prominent and easily accessible
- Web page articles should not be too long or short
- Site must provide full contact address with fax and phone details
- Visitor registration/forms only if relevant or necessary
- Colors must be effectively used
- Site should offer useful database/ applications to the visitors
- Common theme and elements must unify all the website pages
- CSS to be preferred to tables for page layouts
Care must be taken to avoid broken links, spelling mistakes and animation/graphics that slow down the pages.
Managed Outsource Solutions (MOS) is a US based web design and development company that offers a wide range of affordable outsourced services like, corporate web design, small business web design, real estate web design, law firm web design, e-commerce web design, search engine optimization, logo designing, to clients in the US, Canada, the UK and Australia.