Today America has more than a million lawyers which is more than in any other country in the world. Only about 60% of the 40000 new annual law graduates practice law, while the remaining leave for another profession. Over the years lawyers have been moving to the metropolitan areas and 90 percent of the lawyers today are in the urban cities like New York, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C, Baltimore, Chicago, Houston, Boston, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose, Atlanta, Denver, Dallas, Miami, Cleveland, Minneapolis, Kansas City, Seattle, San Diego, Phoenix, Austin, and New Orleans.
Some more statistics;
- Annually 150 billion dollars is spent on legal fees
- Worlds largest law firm- US Justice Department
- Female lawyer population is fast growing
- Many working class get legal support only in a crisis situation
- Top 100 law firm bring in 20% of the fees
- Lawyer population in towns is declining
- Only 2000 of the 40000 law firms have more than 10 lawyers
- About 10% of all lawyers work for government
Outsourcing of legal services to cheaper countries like India can help reduce legal fee and make it affordable for clients without compromising on the quality. Some of the popular legal outsourcing services have been legal transcription, legal document preparation, legal research and litigation support.
Managed Outsource Solutions (MOS) is an LPO (legal process outsourcing) leader and has facilities within the US, the Philippines and India and offers professional but affordable legal support services that helps in saving