There has always been excitement among the law communities as new technology develops and everyone is aware that the possibilities for doing legal research in the future are going to be very revolutionary. So what is the future going to be like? Well, here are the possibilities one can expect to see in computer aided legal research.
- More of laptop and PDAs will be used by lawyers as they move about and also in the court rooms including for doing legal research.
- Research will be done in cyber libraries
- Libraries will eventually become legal research centers
- Tablet PCs will be used for taking notes.
- The mouse is believed to become obsolete to be replaced by hand movements and pointing with fingers on to screens.
- Basically research itself will become much easier
- More emphasis on user experience
- Expert computers will be able to predict the outcome of litigation which means that legal research will be highly automated.
- Application of Artificial Intelligence
- Specific law firm characteristics like its economics and culture will dominate the way legal research is done
- More outsourcing of legal research
Managed Outsource Solutions (MOB) is a US based company and a legal service outsource provider that offers highly professional yet affordable services to clients in the US, Canada the UK and Australia. Services include legal transcription, legal research, litigation support, legal animation, legal due diligence, legal document preparation and legal coding.