What are the skills that a web designer should have? Today one cannot be a pure designer but has to be a bit of other related professions like, programming, developer, photographer, fine art, blogs, project management etc. Though the term web designer today encompasses many other areas of work the basic skill requirements may be briefed as follows. Most of these skills will have to be used but one need not be an expert with each of these skills.
- Interpersonal communication
- Good general communication skills like listening.
- Communicating via a design is also very crucial for a web designer.
- Problem solving capacity
- Ability to learn and adapt
- Knowledge of Internet information architecture
- Good knowledge of graphic/ visual design principles
- Knowledge of CSS and HTML
- Writing skill, blogging, content
- Minimal programming awareness
- Skill for Management of projects
- Ability to locate information
Web designers who are having a working knowledge of PHP/ASP/Script Language are at an advantage. Managed Outsource Solutions is a US based BPO company that offers professional website design services to its global clients specifically in the US, the UK, Canada and Australia.